March 13 — Independent rock band 13South kicked off the new week with the premiere of its latest single.
The band debuted its new single, ‘High Enuff‘ Monday. The song is featured in the band’s forthcoming self-titled record, whose release date is under consideration. The record will release through independent record label, G4L Records.
The single’s musical arrangement is a full-on southern rock composition that throws back to the sounds and styles of the likes of George Thorogood and The Destroyers while also incorporating the most subtle influence of Lynyrd Skynyrd and so many other southern rock acts that have come before.
According to band co-founder Chris Blevins, the song’s lyrical theme sends a positive message to listeners about simply embracing life.
“’High Enuff’ is a tongue-in-cheek song, a call to arms for youth and the old schoolers still in their prime,” Blevins said. “Hopefully everyone else is reminded of that first taste of freedom of letting go of the cares of the world before you feel the weight of the world later in life.”
In other news, 13South is scheduled to launch a series of live dates late this month in Duluth, GA. The tour is scheduled to launch March 31 and features a handful of dates throughout the rest of this year, ending Dec. 16 in Frenchtown, NJ.
The band’s tour schedule is noted below:
• 3/31: Duluth, GA @ Sweetwater Bar & Grill
• 4/1: Nashville, TN @ 404 Bar
• 5/19: Natchez, MS @ Locust Alley
• 5/20: Chalmette, LA @ Battlefield Bar
• 7/29: Owensboro, KY @ Milligan’s Bar
• 8/18: Miamisburg, OH @ Big A’s BBQ
• 8/19: Cincinnati, OH @ MVP’s Sports Bar & Grill
• 12/14: Yarmouth, MA @ The Music Room
• 12/15: Concord, NH @ Bank of New Hampshire Stage
• 12/16: Frenchtown, NJ @ Arties Bar & Grill
More information on 13South’s new single and live dates is available along with all of the band’s latest news at: