Nov. 9 — Bloodywood is on the rise!
Two years of buildup is getting ready to explode for Bloodywood. Ever since the release of its single, ‘Endurant’ and its companion video in 2019, the band’s fame has only increased around the world. Now next year, the top will blow off for the band when it releases its debut album, Rakshak.
The band announced through a news release distributed Tuesday, it is scheduled to release Rakshak independently Feb. 18. In anticipation of the album’s release, the band premiered the video for the album’s new single, ‘Gaddaar’ Tuesday.
The video features the band through the streets of India and performing on a grassy backlot in which sits a rusted out old bus as the intense nu-metal style arrangement performs over the visualization.
The band addressed the song’s musical arrangement in a prepared statement.
”It’s the first single we’re releasing in the build up to the album because musically speaking you’ll hear something familiar, but there’s also enough to hint at the evolution of our sound,” the statement reads. “That’ll become evident across the release of the next couple of singles and the album itself. We gave the album everything we had and can’t wait to unleash it all.”
The band continued, expanding on the album’s overall musical body, stating, “Musically we’ve taken more than a few risks and pushed the limits of our sound both vocally and instrumentally. Besides having a few songs with our signature sound, we have also experimented heavily by writing our fastest, heaviest and angriest music yet while also incorporating elements and instruments from genres that lie on the other end of the musical spectrum.”
The song’s lyrical theme is made clear in the video’s intro as the band states the song is politically charged. It is an indictment of the powers that be and their impact on the world.
The band also discussed the song’s lyrical content in the noted statement, pointing out, “It’s been a while since our last song, so we wanted to come back heavy with ‘Gaddaar! It’s a song that’s aimed at a complete separation of religion and politics across the world. Everyone deserves equal rights and equal treatment at the hands of their governments no matter who and how they worship. We’ve seen the use of religious and divisive politics globally in recent years and it needs to be spoken about.
The band added through its statement, audiences can expect a variety of themes to be addressed in its new record. stating, “You’ll hear songs that talk about combating mental illness, overcoming divisive politics, battling the poverty crisis, crushing corruption, eliminating sexual assault, hope, belief and undying determination.
‘Gadaarr’ is just the latest single from Rakshak. It also features the already released singles, ‘Jee Veerey,’ ‘Machi Bhasad,’ ‘Endurant,’ and ‘Yaad.’ Album pre-orders are open in the U.S. and EU/Worldwide.
In related news, Bloodywood has announced an extensive European tour for spring/summer of 2022 in support of Rakshak. The tour’s schedule is noted below complete with links for tickets.
- Sat Mar 05 2022 – Im Wizemann Stuttgart, Germany Tickets
- Sun Mar 06 2022 – Zoom Frankfurt am Main, Germany Tickets
- Mon Mar 07 2022 – Die Kantine Cologne, Germany Tickets
- Tue Mar 08 2022 – La Madeleine Brussels, Belgium Tickets
- Wed Mar 09 2022 – Melkweg Amsterdam, Netherlands Tickets
- Fri Mar 11 2022 – Gruenspan Hamburg, Germany Tickets
- Sat Mar 12 2022 – Pumpehuset Copenhagen, Denmark Tickets
- Sun Mar 13 2022 – BI NUU Berlin, Germany Tickets
- Tue Mar 15 2022 – Freiheitshalle München, Germany Tickets
- Fri Mar 18 2022 – The Factory San Martino Buon Albergo, Italy Tickets
- Sat Mar 19 2022 – Slaughter Club Paderno Dugnano, Italy Tickets
- Sun Mar 20 2022 – Z7 Konzertfabrik Pratteln, Switzerland Tickets
- Tue Mar 22 2022 – LE TRABENDO (Parc de la Villette) Paris, France Tickets
- Thu Mar 24 2022 – Prince Albert Brighton, United Kingdom Tickets
- Sat Mar 26 2022 – Cathouse Glasgow, United Kingdom Tickets
- Wed Mar 30 2022 – O2 Institute 2 Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom Tickets
- Thu Mar 31 2022 – O2 Academy Islington North London, United Kingdom Tickets
- Thu Aug 11 2022 – Bloodstock Open Air 2022 Walton on Trent, United Kingdom Tickets
More information on Bloodywood’s new album, single, video and tour is available online along with all of the band’s latest news and more at: