Oct. 29 — Sabaton fans got their first preview of the band’s new album over the weekend.
The band premiered the lead single from its forthcoming album, The War To End All Wars Friday in the form of ‘Christmas Truce.’ Its premiere was accompanied by the premiere of the song’s companion video. Album Pre-orders are open now.
‘Christmas Truce’ is centered on the timeless, real life story of the Christmas 1914 truce between Axis and Allied forces in World War I. It was on this day that the forces fighting one another took a single day — Christmas Day — to stop fighting and actually come together. The video, shot in the Czech Republic, follows that story, bringing it to life. The band stars in the story, with each playing the part of a soldier. The cinematic style presentation is just as gripping as any major blockbuster war movie that was ever been made.
The musical arrangement featured in ‘Christmas Truce’ is everything that audiences have come to expect, what with the power metal approach. At the same time, the song boasts its own identity. That unique identity includes what is clearly a reference to the timeless Christmas song, ‘Carol of the Bells.’
Bassist Par Sundstrom, who also developed the video’s story according to the video’s credits (yes, it comes complete with credits just like a movie), discussed the song in a prepared statement.
“‘Christmas Truce’ was our highest priority when we decided to write songs about World War One,” said Sundstrom. “Not only was it the most requested topic from our fans, but it was, for us, the most emotional story from the war. This song took us years to create since we wanted the music to reflect the mood honesty, and it was a big challenge; but we feel we managed to write a song that captures the spirit of that day, over a century ago.”
The War To End All Wars is scheduled for release March 4, 2022 through Nuclear Blast Records. It will feature 11 new songs, all of which are noted below along with the formats on which the record will release.
The tracklist for The War To End All Wars is as follows:
4. The Unkillable Soldier
5. Soldier Of Heaven
7. Race to the Sea
8. Lady Of The Dark
9. The Valley Of Death
10. Christmas Truce
“The War To End All Wars” will be available in the following formats:
– Jewelcase CD
– Limited Gold CD [Supporter Edition – various versions with translated booklets]
– History Edition
– NB Mailorder Exclusive Edition [ltd. to 1500 copies]
– Earbook [limited to 6000 copies]
– Black Vinyl
– Azure Blue Vinyl [bandshop exclusive, ltd. to 300 copies]
– Inca Gold Vinyl [bandshop exclusive, ltd. to 500 copies]
– Copper Vinyl [ltd. to 500 copies]
– Fluorescent Orange Vinyl [ltd. to 500 copies]
– Leaf Green Vinyl [Sweden exclusive]
– Fluorescent Yellow Vinyl [Ginza exclusive]
– Dusk Vinyl [Levik exclusive]
– Soft Grey Vinyl [Nordics exclusive]
– Lavender Vinyl [FNAC exclusive]
– Rosewood Vinyl [Mystic exclusive]
– Fluorescent Green Vinyl [UK exclusive]
– Pacific Blue Vinyl
– Polar White Vinyl [limited to 300 copies]
– Dewdrop Vinyl [limited to 500 copies, EMP exclusive]
– Blue cassette [limited to 100 copies, bandshop exclusive]
– Green cassette [limited to 100 copies]
– Grey cassette [limited to 300 copies]
– Red cassette [limited to 500 copies]
– Black cassette [limited to 250 copies]
– Smokey cassette [limited to 200 copies]
– White cassette [limited 100 copies]
In other news, the band premiered a standalone single, ‘Steel Commanders’ and a companion video in August. The premiere was followed with the debut of an official lyric video for the song in late September.
Sabaton is scheduled to wind down its tour with Judas Priest this week. The bands’ current tour dates are noted below.
2 Scotiabank Centre, Halifax, NS CANADA
4 Place Bell, Montreal, QC CANADA
5 FirstOntario Centre, Hamilton, ON CANADA
More information on Sabaton’s new album announcement is available along with all of the band’s latest news at:
More information on Judas Priest’s new tour schedule is available online now along with all of the band’s latest news and more at: